This coming weekend will begin the Tennessee Sales Tax Holiday. This annual event occurs the first Friday in August and is a great way to save a little cash. If you are in the market for school supplies, clothing, or a new computer, it might be worth it to target your spending for this weekend.
- The sales tax holiday weekend begins Friday, August 5th at 12:01am and ends Sunday, August 7th at 11:59pm.
- Items range from clothing to computers. For more details check here.
- It’s not just for school supplies or school age children. Anyone can purchase items, but purchased items cannot be used for business or trade purposes.
- Clothing and school supplies valued at $100 or less per item are exempt for sales tax.
- Personal use computers with a sales price of $1500 or less are also are exempt from sales tax. There is no stipulation that computers be for students, but, again, business use computers are not exempt from sales tax.
While it’s that time of the year to hit the stores for school supplies, we can also take advantage of this sales tax holiday and benefit mom and dad as well, especially if you are thinking about a new computer. Enjoy this weekend’s sales tax holiday. If you have any questions, check out the State of TN website, or simply contact my office.